in

Akume: Tinubu defeated Boko Haram terrorists in one year

Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), George Akume, says President Bola Tinubu has succeeded in defeating Boko Haram terrorists within his first year in office.

The SGF disclosed this during a book launch in Abuja to celebrate President Tinubu’s achievements since he assumed office on May 29, 2023.

In a statement issued on Thursday by John Ameh, media aide to the permanent secretary, Ministry of Petroleum Resources, Nicholas Ella, Akume lauded Tinubu for defeating Boko Haram, adding that the criminal activities of kidnappers are also being tackled by law enforcement agents.

“There is no one that is in doubt of President Bola Tinubu’s giant strides in the last year. The federal government under President Tinubu’s leadership has defeated Boko Haram terrorists,” Akume said.

He further commended the president for infrastructural developments achieved during his first year in office.

“President Tinubu, in just one year, has built many roads across Nigeria and other critical infrastructures like the Abuja Metro Rail,” SGF Akume added.

Meanwhile, the Defence Headquarters says that 103 Boko Haram and ISWAP terrorists and their families surrendered to the Nigerian military in Borno State between May 21 and May 23, 2024.

The director of Defence Media Operations, Major General Edward Buba during the DHQ’s bi-weekly press briefing on Thursday, said the terrorists and their families comprising 13 adult males, 29 adult females, and 61 children surrendered to troops in Mafa, Bama, Gwoza, and Monguno Local Government Areas of Borno State.

“Between May 21 and May 23, 2024, a total of 103 Boko Haram and ISWAP terrorist fighters and their families comprising of 13 adult males, 29 adult females, and 61 children surrendered to troops in Mafa, Bama, Gwoza, and Monguno LGAs of Borno State,” Buba said.

The article was originally published on Politics Nigeria.

BREAKING: Court finds Trump guilty, fixes date for sentencing

Finance minister blames Buhari’s govt for shutdown of 800 companies in Nigeria