JUST IN: Gas explosion sparks fire in Lagos community, guts over 300 shanties

A gas explosion rocked the Tejuosho NTA Channel 10 area of Lagos State on Wednesday, leading to a massive fire that razed over 300 wooden shanties and affected the nearby Saint Heritage Children School on Adedapo Street, off Aralile Street in Surulere.

The explosion caused massive damage, with residents and business owners in the area counting their losses.

The fire spread rapidly, engulfing the makeshift homes and structures in the densely populated area.

“A gas explosion occurred at Tejuosho NTA Channel 10 axis, razing over 300 shanties. Residents and business owners are counting their losses,” NTA reported.

Eyewitness called for immediate emergency response, stating, “We need emergency response at Adedapo Street, off Aralile Street, Surulere.”

As of the time of filing this report, there have been no reported casualties or injuries.

Emergency services are on the scene, working to contain the blaze and provide assistance to those affected by the incident.

Watch the video below:

The article was originally published on Politics Nigeria.


JUST IN: Tinubu’s spokesman embarks on first assignment as presidential envoy

“New national anthem will restore Nigeria’s lost glory” – APC federal lawmaker